Wednesday, August 17, 2005

BLOB Awards?

Give me a moment while I dust off the cobwebs that have settled on this blog. Ah! now, this is what I call a neat, clean and an EMPTY blog :) It's been around an year since this blog has been started and now that I see it, the list of bloggers to my right is quite substantial. Apart from this list, I have a list of close to 70 odd bitsians in my blog and I am sure that x 20 is the number of BITSians who are blogging. I have an idea and I need your opinion on the same.

How about starting something like BLoggers Of Bits (BLOB) awards (the resemblance to BOB is purely coincidental, let me tell you!). We decide on a set of categories and readers (BITSians or anyone else who is been reading blogs maintained by BITSians) can nominate blogs of their choice. And once the voting is done, we declare the winners and all the winners will get a "BLOB award" which probably will be a logo (Or some sort of "graphic" that people will like to have on their blogs :-).

I personally would love to do something like this because,
  1. It reiterates the original purpose behind starting this blog which is to bring about a sense of community among all BITsian bloggers.
  2. It's a nice way to appreciate blogs that make our days and have become "our daily cups of coffee".
  3. Sharing each one's favorites gives us a chance to showcase a list of interesting blogs that one can add to his daily list.
  4. IT IS A LOT OF FUN! :)
Of course, there are a lot of operational details to be worked out. Not everyone will have the sufficient time. But the big question is "Do we want to do it?" It doesn't even matter whether you are a BITSian or not - if you find this idea interesting, or feel you can help out, or at least are sure that you will take time to vote for the blogs of your choice if such a contest is started, please take sometime off to leave a comment on the post (A simple "I Do" will do :-)

Or if you can think of reasons because of which this wouldn't work, or things that we have to take care of while doing something like this, or just find this whole idea stupid, please drop in your comments too.

PS: I am not sure how many people still read this blog. So, if it's not too much of a trouble, can you post this link on your Blog so that people can read this post and voice their opinion. Thanks again!

16 Comments:

Blogger Kumari said...

i do.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

Great! That's a start :)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Meera said...

I do too !!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Sagnik Nandy said...

great idea rats - lemme know if i can be of any use

2:55 AM  
Blogger ~S~ said...

Aye!

6:34 AM  
Blogger The Tobacconist said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:50 AM  
Blogger The Tobacconist said...

What's the point? Shaggy and Rat are going to win everything anyway !!! :))

Kidding!!

Sure thing man.

And I think you've got to make sense of membership on the BITS blog. Throw out people who've never contributed. The point to being part of the blog is contributing something. If you can't why put your name up at all?

Announce categories soon. Please include a "best-blog-maintained-by-3-BITSians-of-the-same-batch-who-have-also-at-some-point-of-time-been-wingies-and-spent-their-psenti-sem-in-VK-in-1st-sem-2003-2004" (phew!!). Phuleez!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

@Sanketh -
Please include a "best-blog-maintained-by-3-BITSians
of-the-same-batch-who-have-also-at
-some-point-of-time-been-wingies-and
-spent-their-psenti-sem-
in-VK-in-1st-sem-2003-2004"

ROTFL!! Have a few categories in mind. Shall post them once I know people are interested :)

7:02 AM  
Blogger vivitsa said...

Love the idea !!! I am in !!! Let me know if I can be of any use.. :)
And oh.. maybe we should have an award for "the-person-who-started-camel-in-the-desert-thereby-bringing-bitsian-bloggers-closer" award !!! ;)

7:07 AM  
Blogger Divya said...

i do too !!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

@Sanky: You guys have my vote :D

12:54 PM  
Blogger The Tobacconist said...

And the voting for the

"best-blog-maintained-by-3-BITSians-of-the-same-batch-who-have-also-at-some-point-of-time-been-wingies-and-spent-their-psenti-sem-in-VK-in-1st-sem-2003-2004"

is closed.

Questionabletaktix wins by 1 vote!

Boy that was close.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Rathish said...

Firstly Vivitsa, thanks so much for that wonderful notice in your blog! Guys, just to reiterate my request, I have no illusions about the number of hits I get everyday :) So, if it's not too much of a trouble, can link this post on your Blog so that people can read this post and voice their opinion. Danks :)

12:01 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

Hey Rathish, post the categories, coz if nothing else i atleast got myself a few votes :D

9:25 AM  
Blogger Rathish said...

Okie, dokey! Have a few in mind. Shall do it as soon as possible (today).

11:46 PM  
Blogger Srini said...

Rathish,
(Yet another)great idea! My full support...lemme put up the banner right away in my blog :)
Srini

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home