Sunday, March 13, 2005

The typical BITSian day...

The day : One day before a job interview @PS II

The event : Trying in vain to ghot

The outcome : This post ... read on..

So,as I was doing something today I realised I might have a potential job interview tommorow.What!!!! I just discovered the PS mates around me ghotting away to glory.Oh before I continue,it is nothing new for me to doze till midday and wake up only to discover the entire wing ghotting for a test at 3,contributing to the already sky-rocketing summer temperatures.After some more of tossing and turning I would lazily pull myself out of the bed, and believe me,it took me all the inner strength to go up to some room and find out what course is it that we are supposed to have a test on, and and other related stuff like syllabus et al.
Hungry by now,we would all go to the mess which would do no good to my already irritated self.Finally settling down with some chips and *insert all expeltives you can think of* food we would start planning the evening and which cnot restraunt would be the least crowded today.(Oh, not that cnot is a major food court of all exotic cusines..but mind you,it really provided succor for us battered souls for 4 years).
So its 2 o clock.Wingies start explaining some chapters to me.2 30 Some junior comes in, with a department timing problem.Work at 8, and she cant make it because of a wing treat.(*Curse my earlier lectures to them about a sense of belonging to the department,being on time..bla bla bla*).Before your realise it is 2 45.Of course,there is a power cut.We try to get dressed(default :the nearest jean and T shirt you can find)and leave.Of course,we dont have cycles.Run run to the nearest junior and pile on something.Rush.Stop at Budh redi.Enjoy shikanji.
Rush..But to where??*scratch scratch* what is the room number?Ok think think.Which FD does the course happen?? (*What is the course name again??*)Ok .what is the faculty's FD?(*Cmon yaar it is not my fault if "m********" happens to be a male name instead of female's !!!*)Fortutiously,a girl , an inhabitant of my block comes up.(Of course, we dont know she is also doing that course)She is shell shocked to find us in the Budh redi at 2 59.Ok,Rush.1209.(Who even knows those God forsaken corridors other than psenti-goers!!!)*puff puff*Glance at papers.Start the crap.
Go out at 3 15 to flex those tired muscles, and drink water,I see the IPC entrance wondering of any of my friends would be in there already.Go back to the compree!!.More crap.I see K cooly sauntering up and get additional sheet..we both try our best to stop those horrendous guffaws.Get back.Line spacing 3.Write write.Get the extra sheet.Again stiffled laugh.Time is 4.(Me and K have this thing.. whoever finishes first meets the other in ,where else..IPC!!!)I think of those mails sitting in my inbox.Ok fine.I give up.
Not able to conjure up any more stories my "Karpanai Kuthirai" (source of imagination)breaks to a halt.Give paper.Go out.Inside : K giggling away.Makes a sign for me to wait.Struggles to come up with something to finish that half-sentence.Gives paper.Comes out.We laugh our heads out.Ordeal over.
NOW THE DAY BEGINS.Go to IPC.Come back.Gate call half the population-Have a blast in cnot.Go to SUB,have a ball in the department.Today late night perm.Go to ANC at 1.Gate crash.Come back to a wing laccha session or movie session.Sleep blissfully.Wake up mid afternoon..Another test??Oh not again !!!!!!
*Back to present* The Oracle book in my desk is still open.So are the headphones, playing BoneyM's Rasputin.After Orkut,epals,and Blogging,time is 12 50.Lunch time baby!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home